Sunday, December 16, 2007

Les Miserables



I just completed one of my Life Goals when I went to go and see Les Miserables on Broadway yesterday. I really liked it. It made me cry near the end and I teared up during a few songs. It is tragically beautiful. Some of my favorite songs were Bring Him Home and On My Own. The part that made me cry is when Cozette arrives at the end of the musical right before Jean Valjean dies and he is able to see her one more time and then he learns that he has earned forgiveness and salvation. He also doesn't die until he has completely fulfilled his obligation to see that Cozette is well taken care of. The entire musical is a beautiful story of rising above where you were and of having a change of heart and giving yourself and your heart over completely to God's work. Anyway, I really liked it and I am glad that I had the opportunity to see it.

It was quite the adventure getting there and getting back and I wasn't sure that I was really going to get to see it until we were standing outside of the theatre waiting to show them our tickets. I was so excited then because it had actually worked. I am glad that my roommate Ashley went with me because I don't think I would have been able to do go and make the drive there and back without her. On our way back, it started snowing during the last 45 minutes of our drive, but she has a tough car and lots of experience driving in the snow, so I was glad to have her along.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey! I thought I'd already made a comment here, but I guess I didn't. I did read it though. You should post more. I always look for updates and am waiting anxiously for some news from your world. :)